Nurse Executives of New Zealand [NENZ] includes nurse leader members from Health and Disability providers in the public and private sector nationally.
The organisational network is supported by nurse leaders in current leadership roles and is guided by a Constitution and Terms of Reference. Members communicate extensively through email, teleconferences, regional meetings and face to face meetings three times a year. There is a strong culture of sharing and mentoring of nurse leaders. The core business of NENZ includes:
- Influence national decisions relating to professional practice, workforce development and quality of service delivery through timely information sharing, informed comment, facilitating consensus debate and participating in national work
- Interprofessional networking across the sector that influences future service delivery
- Leader development and support through creating and supporting learning opportunities, mentorship, modeling and access to key regulatory and national agencies
- Lead practice innovation through national sharing and commitment to the patient safety agenda.
Office bearer positions:
- NENZ office bearer roles (0.14MB)
- Full members are the most senior nurse/s in a major health provider organisation, including but not limited to: PHO's, DHB's, Aged and Residential Care, Private Hospitals, Hospice, Plunket, Family Planning, Department of Corrections, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Health etc.
- They attend national group meetings, the AGM and have voting rights.
- Membership sits with the organisation, so will continue if the current lead nurse leaves.
- Associate members are nurses in designated leadership roles who do not meet eligibility requirements for full NENZ membership or who do not wish to be part of the national group.
- Associates are able to participate in the regional meetings.
- Associates are invited to national meetings being held within their particular region.
- Membership sits with the individual not the organisation.
- For more information please email us or submit a membership request.